- Browsing or using the services at https://samaritans.org.hk/ provided by the Samaritans Hong Kong is solely at your own risk. the Samaritans Hong Kong is not responsible for any loss or damage thus caused, including any losses and damage caused by the downloading of materials or otherwise obtained through the use of the services at https://samaritans.org.hk/ provided by the Samaritans Hong Kong.
- The information and content on https://samaritans.org.hk/ provided by the Samaritans Hong Kong is based on Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, which means that it may not be applicable to the needs and norms or the situations of other regions.
- The Samaritans Hong Kong agrees to maintain the accuracy and the comprehensiveness of the content, but does not guarantee that it is error-free or without any defects, and is therefore not liable to any indemnification thus caused.
- The Samaritans Hong Kong may amend, vary or terminate the terms of services at any time without prior notice.
- Except for the content indicated as the product of the Samaritans Hong Kong, any other content, including but not limited to the links at https://samaritans.org.hk/, is not within our scope of liability, and therefore the Samaritans Hong Kong is not liable to any compensations caused by accidents, such as infection by computer virus, defamation, infringement of copyrights or intellectual property rights. For the avoidance of doubts, any material downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of the services provided by the Samaritans Hong Kong is done at your own discretion and risk and that you will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer or loss of data that results from the download of any such material.
- The Samaritans Hong Kong is not responsible for any commercial dealings, product promotions and services that occur under the links to any third party websites, and is therefore not liable to any indemnifications and legal responsibilities. Your correspondence or business dealings with, or participation in promotions of, advertisers found on or through the service provide by the Samaritans Hong Kong, including payment and delivery of related goods or services, and any other terms, condition, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such advertiser. You agree that the Samaritans Hong Kong shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as the result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of such advertisers at https://samaritans.org.hk/.
- You expressly understand and agree that the Samaritans Hong Kong shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss or profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses, resulting from
(1) the use or inability to use the service at https://samaritans.org.hk/;
(2) any goods, data, information, or service purchased or obtained through https://samaritans.org.hk/;
(3) unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data;
(4) statements or conduct of any third party at https://samaritans.org.hk/; or
(5) any other matter relating to https://samaritans.org.hk/, even if the Samaritans Hong Kong has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
The service on third parties may provide links to other World Wide Web sites or resources. Because the Samaritans Hong Kong has no control over such sites and resources, you acknowledge and agree that the Samaritans Hong Kong is not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from such sites or resources. You further acknowledge and agree that the Samaritans Hong Kong shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such site or resource.
Copyright and Intellectual Property
- Except expressly stated otherwise, the copyright of all the content at https://samaritans.org.hk/, including but not limited to texts, graphics, photos, audios, videos, software and programmes, is owned by the Samaritans Hong Kong.
- Except expressly stated otherwise, none of the information and materials mentioned above can be copied, modified, reproduced, published, uploaded, transmitted and distributed in any form or by any means, without the prior permission of the Samaritans Hong Kong. If you discover that other individuals or organizations have infringed the copyright of the Samaritans Hong Kong, please contact us immediately.
The names and logos of the Samaritans Hong Kong and all related product and service names, designs marks and slogans are the trade names, service marks or trade marks of Samaritans and may not be used ( without the prior consent of Samaritans.
Use of materials on the website or social media platforms of the Samaritans Hong Kong should be first discussed with us by email [email protected]
Social Media Guidelines
Social media platforms offer an opportunity to the Samaritans Hong Kong to communicate with our supporters and other groups/individuals who share an interest in our organisation in general.
As most social media platforms are as such an open medium and we cannot monitor comments as they occur, The Samaritans Hong Kong has set this guideline that we believe will benefit all users of our social media pages including supporters and staff.
We ask all users to engage in a conversation/forum in a respectful manner, so that everyone can enjoy sharing their views on the platform.
We endeavour to answer your questions as soon as possible and reply comments where applicable. However, situations like communicating with our overseas partners may take us longer to respond to you.
Protection of Your Own Privacy
The Samaritans Hong Kong’s social media platforms are intended for communication in public. Please do not disclose your personal information on those platforms. If you need emotional support, please contact us through our hotline or befriending email services.
Ownership of Comments
Only comments made by our administrators of the social media platforms reflect the views of the Samaritans Hong Kong.
We value all comments from supporters, but reserve the right to remove posts that are:
- Irrelevant to the objective of our page
- Obscene, profane, disrespectful or hateful in nature
- Considered harassment, threat or harm to any individual or organisation
- Successively off-topic or repeated comments by a single supporter
- Repetitive solicitations or advertisements
- Comments that encourage illegal activities
- Confidential, compromising of personal security and privacy
- In breach of intellectual property rights
The Samaritans Hong Kong is not responsible or liable for any content posted or uploaded on our social media platforms or other parties’ platforms by a third-party user.
This Important Notice will be revised as the need arises. Any significant changes will be announced on our website. By continuing to use our website or other platform after the changes come into effect, you agree to be bound by the revised terms in the Notice.